Twilight Cove 3 - Year 4
Welcome to Term 3! We have a very exciting and busy start to the term for the Year 4 Dream Team:
So what will we be learning this term?
- English: this term we are reading Storm Boy by Colin Thiele as a whole class. We also have our own Guided Reading texts. We will continue focusing on sentence structure, punctuation of direct speech and writing narrative texts.
- Mathematics: we are starting the term looking at addition and subtraction calculation strategies and equivalent number sentences for addition and subtraction. With Mr Brown, we are learning to use simple scales, legends and directions to interpret information contained in maps.
- Humanities and Social Sciences: we are starting our Geography Unit and learning about Africa and Europe. We will be researching a country of our choice in one of these continents for Inquiry Learning.
- Science: This term we are learning all about forces - contact forces, non-contact forces, gravity, friction, magnetic! We will be working like real scientists and completing lots of Investigations.
- Health: We are continuing to learn about resiliency. After focusing on why bad things may happen and optimistic thinking, we are learning about ways to be brave, saying sorry, responding to risky situations, managing conflict and practising courage.