Esperance Primary School - Official Opening of New Building

Esperance Primary School was established in 1894 with twenty-four students. The school moved to a new building in 1895 (and this building is now the old RSL Hall). A three-roomed school was opened on the current site in 1897 with 130 students.

During the 1920s and 1930s number fell to below 50, though consistent growth in the 1950s saw 150 children enrolled.

In 1956 the school received Junior High School status (Years 1-10) and by 1960 student numbers had soared to 470, and to 873 by 1965, when the new Esperance High School was built on Pink Lake Road.

With the opening of Castletown and Nulsen Primary Schools, enrolments settled back to the mid to low 300 during the 1980s.

The current school site commenced a re-build in 2012 and was fully completed in mid 2013.

The school has produced two full school history books which can be purchased from the school office.